Marysville is a suburb northeast of Fredericton on the Nashwaak River about 5 kilometres north of the Saint John River.In the 1880's, Alexander Gibson developed the Marysville Cotton Mill. Brick duplexes were built around the mill, most of which are still standing and now privately owned. Gibson named the village after his wife and his eldest daughter, both of whom were named Mary.
In 1973 the town merged with the city of Fredericton. After the cotton mill closed in 1975, the building was renovated and converted into provincial government offices under the name Marysville Place. Marysville was named a National Historic Site in 1993 for being one of Canada's last intact 19th-century mill towns
Marysville is home to the Ville, a community based organization focused on renewable energy, food security, physical literacy, and empowerment through social innovation.
Taking a holistic approach, their goal is to provide an inclusive and supportive space for recreation, education, sustainability practices, arts and culture programs, and more.
Through their programs and partnerships they are fostering a safe space for community, and they are ultimately working towards the emergence of societal structures that encourage both responsibility and well-being in all.
Marysville has excellent access to Fredericton's network of trails, perfect for walking, running, or cycling. Wander the protected wetland next to the Marysville Heritage centre, or take your preferred form of aquatic transportation up the Nashwaak River. The Ville Cooperative offers classes, after-school programs, markets and more!
Gibson-Neill Memorial Elementary School
Elementary - French
École des Éclaireurs
Devon Middle School
Middle - French
Leo Hayes High School
High School French
The right REALTOR® makes all the difference!